Friday, July 10, 2009

Grad and Taylor Swift!








Spencer's Grad



So I thought that I would add both of these last updates in one post so first I'll just mention how Spencer graduated..I know, two month's ago. Just took me a while to get the pics up and stuff. He graduated from the Bachelor of Management degree. He just got a job at Blue Cross and is starting on Monday so we're really excited for that. Both of our parents came to the grad and so did Kay and Melvin. Then we went to Ruth's Chris (treat of daddy dorward) and had a great time. I have the video somewhere, but when Spencer's name got called he waves this huge goofy wave to the crowd and our fam and friends start cheering. I was pretty embarassed, but what can you do.




I won't go on and on about it cuz that's not my style, but I am pretty proud of him for doing so well and for graduating. I know these days it seems kind of standard for people to get degrees, but I think it's a huge feat and nothing to be down played. I'm also proud of him for what he has accomplished. I know he really learned and grown a lot, and I'm excited to see where he'll go in the future! Congrats!



and now, TAYLOR SWIFT!

okay so I already posted pics on facebook so I'm only posting 2 on here because it takes me longer, but I will add a short clip for those Taylor fans out there. So we drove down to Calgary on Wednesday to see Taylor Swift. We've already seen her open twice and wanted to see her headline a show! So Since she was only opening in Edmonton, our only choice was to drive down on Wed afternoon, and drive back REALLY late on wednesday night. TOTALLY worth it though.



So we got to the Stampede and went a ride and ate some mini-donuts, and then headed to the concert. The openers were some band I had never heard off and Kelly Pickler (an american idol contestant a few years back.) I wasn't really too excited for them, but when Taylor came on, we were pretty pumped. We sat 8th row on the floor and could see a lot. (i usually never pay to sit that close, so this was sort of a first). It was fun too cuz my twin was there with his girlfriend, so when Taylor came down on the floor to her second stage, we got to hang out too.



It was really fun and she was really great! She sang for pretty much 2 hours straight and when she was walking back and forth from her stage she would stop and take pictures with people and hug people ect and she just really got involved with the audience, which of course we loved becuase that meant that we got to touch her too! (wow, that kind of sounds creepy...hhaha) Spencer actually got a hand-grab in there, (he claims she held his hand longer than anyone else's...ya right..). I was satisfied with my side touch since I have never touched a famous person before. The closest I have ever been is when the Moffats came to Calgary back in like 2000 or something. gotta love the moffats. So I will say that all in all it was a pretty succesful and fun night!




3 comments:

  1. I didn't know Steven had a girlfriend! I'll have to ask him about it! Sounds like a fun night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah for Spencer! Congratulations, I agree it is a big deal and harder when you are married!
    Glad you had a blast seeing Taylor Swift, I really like her that sounds way fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not gonna lie, I was TOTALLY at the Moffatt's concert in 2000 in Calgary, too!

    I used to absolutley LOVE them :)

    ReplyDelete