Wednesday, December 2, 2009

My Ugly People Sterotype




So just a quick realization that I have had lately. And after meeting someone recently, it has confirmed what I have always believed to be false. I will explain, but I'll warn you ahead time, you could find it offensive, don't know who's reading this..so at least I warned you!
I don't know about you, but I have kind of always had this sterotype that non-attractive people are super nice. Even some that are a little bit nerdier or shy, but espeically the non-attractive people i have always just assumed they are just all really nice people. I don't know if this came about because I had met a few that were really nice, or maybe it's because I watched a movie or tv show once that portrayed the geeky shy guy as being super nice ect. maybe i should jsut blame myself for being extremely narrow minded, who knows.
but lately this ''type'' (the word ugly is so blunt, just like fat, so I usually try not to say it) has surprised me with how harsh they can be, well at least some of them. I can't believe some of the mean things that they have said. And at first I would think it was just a mistake or a one time thing, but it's not! So I guess I was wrong with my sterotype. So just a little warning to anyone who has thought the same thing: Ugly people are not always nice. and that's my lesson for today. take it or leave it.

and just a side note about myself lately. I am obsessed with peppermint things. Just had peppermint cheesecake tonight, delicious. in love with peppermint white hot chocolate. starbucks, peppermint white hot chocolate is to die for. wish I could go get one right now actually...

4 comments:

  1. ahahaha. i love you. and don't even worry, i've thought the same thing... maybe cause in your mind you think they have to have some redeeming value by being really great people. then they're mean like the rest of us and the illusion comes crashing uglily down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's probably from the movies. Or because when someone is supposively ugly people say "she's nice" to avoid the question of their looks. However, I have found out from working at the dental office that they are usually the mean people who hate life and you can never please.
    And the best is most of "them" are not even "ugly" they just make no effort whatsoever. Put on some freaggin makeup and comb you're hair in the morning! Buy some ok looking clothes from the thrift store even and stop hating everyone else because you're so picked on. Yeah I'm not as nice as you! Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry for the spelling errors. Geese you'de think I was raised in some small town in Utah or something.

    ReplyDelete