
so this is a present that I got for christmas..and i am so in love. it is much easier to play than my parents old one I was using, and it sounds so much better. I am by no means a guitar genius or anything, but I love playing and just messin around on it.

this is a hideous picture of me rockin out. but i thought it was so cute cuz Chuck is on my shoulder. WE do duets. The first time I heard him chirp/sing was when I played a song.

this is the game i got for my bday from spence. only problem is, we don't have a wii..and all the stores we called to are sold out..go figure. so I have been to my in laws house and recently just passed the game! But it is so fun cuz you can play with four people doing super mario bros. it's hilarious. so if anyone is up for it, I'm there. you supply the wii, I supply the game, and my sweet skills.

I was a bit spoiled this year for christmas and got everything i wanted. Spence surprised me with this lil baby. She has worked like a charm and I am loving having one in my house. So next pics are what we've accomplished together in the past few months.

my first ever little blanket. not perfect AT ALL. Note the video game controller beside...

this one ended up being a little long and skinny...ran out of fabric after that. oh well

if you look closely at this one, you will notice that i have cheated. I have not yet finished the border, and there are still pins in it..i'll finish it one day!

This is spence's 'video game blanket' that I made him for his bday. he needed a new one, and I had the fabric around and needed an idea for his bday, and so it was perfect. I was just glad he liked it!


this was just a little project that came up out of the blue one day, and I worked non stop till it was finished. I forgot to take a 'before' picture, but anyone that has been to my place, or even my mom's a long time ago, it's these gross grey chairs that make you sink (still does, i'm working on it though) and so I decided to recover it. It's not perfect, like many things I do, but I just love it way more! It is a little crazier than I thought it was going to be, but I'm okay with that. ps ignore the huge mess all around it. i'm not the tidiest person, so live with it.

and last but not least, CRAFTS!!! this one me and janna had a craft date and got together and did these letters.

I did this one for my mom for mother's day. gong to put it up on her mantle between picture frams of all the kids.

found this on 'make it and love it' blog. GREAT site. i pretty much copy everything off of there. you take styrofoam balls, wrap hemp around them, and then spray paint them to match your colours. I will admit, it was much more tedious than I had expected and spray painting inside a one-bedroom apartment gives you an instant, long-lasting head ache.

another idea i saw on make it and love it was recovering an old pair of shoes you don't wear. so I decided wwhat did I have to lose? so I tried it. here is the before pic.

and here's the after pic. spence says they're a little crazy! i haven't worn them yet though cuz I didn't do the water-resistant modge podge, so i will have to wait till this snow clears up!

Holy.. You have been busy... or just not blogging the second everything happens to you. But for real... I think the shoes are wicked cute... and that chair is the grey one we had in our apartment right? Crazy... they look great. I wish you were closer so you could inspire me in person to be more crafty or try to make a blanket ... But alas I'll have to settle for trying to soak in your crafting glory from afar. (Cheesiest sentence ever? Um Yes) Someday I'll get into it. And maybe someday you'll post a video of you playing guitar? Maybe.
ReplyDeleteah!!! love the shoes!! they'll look so cute with the dress we'll make! i can't wait. awesome post. i'm glad you did it. :)
ReplyDeletejulie, holy crap you have been doing a lot! I can't believe that is the same chair! It looks amazing, and will look even better in your new house! Did you do both of them? I also love your LOVE sign! I want one! Your blankets look great, you are almost ready to start a new project. Wow you really are getting into the crafty mood. Good work!
ReplyDeleteyeah once you do the water resistant modge podge those shoes will be even better
ReplyDeleteHoly! I had no idea you were so crafty! I Loved everything! How did you make that "Love" sign?
ReplyDeleteWowzers! Look at you go. That chair is awesome. And I think the shoes are cute. You've been going all this stuff since Christmas? Incredible.
ReplyDeleteNice work Julie! You are so crafty! Where did you get your wooden letters? I need some ASAP! And I love all your blankets, they are so cute! I actually really want to get a sewing machine myself so I can become crafty too. Maybe you can teach me :)
ReplyDeletethx guys! liss, ya it is the grey chairs in the old apartment!! haha. i forgot about that.
ReplyDeleteand i got the wooden letters from micheals. and then you paint the edges of them. and then trace/cut out letter on scrapbook paper, then modge podge it on. then you can add little flowers or buttons if you want. it's really not that hard. and i love craft dates if anyone is up for one..
Holy Julie! I love it! Especially the shoes that is too awesome! I am going to need to recover some chairs here pretty soon and I have no idea how sooooo you will be getting a phone call! So impressed by you right now!
ReplyDeleteJulie, I'm very impressed! I love the shoes, they're super cute. I wish we were up there so we could have craft dates! I'm not very good at things yet, but would love to practice! Dang! Oh well. Also awesome that you play guitar and sing with your bird. Classic.
ReplyDeleteJulie, cuz, I had no idea you were so crafty. And recovering shoes is the coolest idea ever. i love yours, by the way.
ReplyDeleteHoly crap little Miss. Crafy!!! Martha Stewart watch out! Good job Julie!! Great idea with the shoes, and everything else! I have to come see what you did with your front entrance cause I heard it looks awesome!
ReplyDelete