Wednesday, April 14, 2010

What You've All Been Waiting For

As some of you know, I have recently started playing super mario bros. But since spence has been spending time playing basketball and he's been gone alot, I thought i would expand my horizon, and so oone night spence had his NHL 2010 EA sports 2010 (for those that will surely want to go get it after this post) and I firgured what the heck, let's try it. by the way, the game has such great graphics and they have spent so much detail in the creatoin of the game.

And if any of you want to play a game, let me know. I've got a head set and have an online ID, so add me. I'm up to play anytime, except when spence is nagging me to hang out with him, or wants me to come to bed with hiim at the same time and doesn't mwant me staying up and playing video games. Little does he know I sneak out and play until 5am usually.

So first thing I had to do was upload the current roster. Then I chose a team to start my season with. I coudlnt decide between a few teams since I haven never thought it's really fair to pick a really good team, it seems so cheap. I like to pick a team and start from the bottom up. It's also hard for me because I love the Flames and so sometimes it feels like Im' cheating on them when I chose another team. So i ended up going with the Chicago Blackhawks.

So in the past few days I have played a lot and my team is in the playoffs!! What is really crazy is that these teams are going to be facing each other in the playoffs, and so maybe my game will be telling. I guess you'll just have take'er easy, sit back, and read....




PLAYOFFS
Chicago Blackhawks vs. Nashville Predators.
Game 1 - Predators won 4-2. Not a strong start for Huet.
Game 2 - Predators win again 3-1. better for Huet, but the guys can't bring it together to get a decent shot on net. Series 2-0
Game 3 - Hawks finally get their act together and Sharp and Toews play a great game winning it 4-2. Series 2-1
Game 4 - Hawks have found their rythmn and looks like they have thrown Rinne off of his. After 4 goals in the first 2 periods, Rinne is replaced by ellis, good move by Barry Trotz, but too little, too late. Hawks win it 4-1. Huet solid.
game 5 - Campbell is injured from previous game and does not make an apperance. Defense lacks a little bit and Erat and Arnott make two ugly goals that get past Huet. But hawks endure and win 5-4 in OT. Hossa scored the winning goal.
game 6 - Huet has an off night and the preds are relentless and outshot the hawks every period. we lose 4-2.
Series now at 3-3

and for Game 7 a details of the game.
1st Period.
Right away Nashville sets the tone of the game as Shea Weber and Ryan Suter get physical. The hawks can take it, and have no problem dishing it back.
At 14:53 Patrick kane takes a shot on net, Sharp gets the rebound and puts it back in! Hawks now 1-0.
Their adrenaline is up and although the rest of the period goes scoreless, Hakws had 25 shots on goal while the Preds only had 12. Huet had a great save with 1:35 to go in the period when Sullivan had a great chance at a short-handed goal. No luck there and we head into the 2nd period 1-0.

2nd period.
Once again the game starts out physical.
Duncan Keith gets a penalty for cross-checking Suter. He's in the penalty box for 3:22 and now Nashville has a power play. hawk's defense was good and kept the Preds working hard. But there was PP goal with 58 seconds left in the PP and Joel Ward gets a pass from Arnott, takes a slap shot and got past Huet.
Gam misconduct penalty for slashing on Sullivan at around the 9 minute mark. 5:00 PP for Chicago.
Nashville killed the penalty off and sustained good pressure, and at the end of the 2nd it's 1-1.
Shots: Chicago 15 Nashville 13

3rd period.
Towes misses an open net on a break away with the pass from Hossa, I'm talking a wide open cage. tough one.
Sharp scores his 2nd of the game on a feed from Kane. Beautiful shot. 13:44. A snap shot from the right hash mark.
2-1.
Later in the period Sharp tries or a hat trick but comes up empty as Rinnie makes a great save. Huet has a few great saves against Hornqvist's wrist shot. Then at 4:21 Steve Sullivan bangs in a puck that was sitting on the goal line. We're tied 2-2. games goes into OT

OT
Hossa scores the OT winner off of a great pass from kane at 3:56 to win the game. 3-2 win for the Hawks.

Shots: Chicago 11 Nashville 15

Unreal performances by the Hawks. Such a journey. Stay tuned for the next round!

THANKS FOR FOLLOWING ALONG! I HAD SO MUCH FUN PLAYING. feel free to give me a call anytime to play! (as long as the husband allows it. you know how that is)

8 comments:

  1. r u serious?!?! hahaha i can't believe you did this. hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not buying it. I'm calling that you're just giving Spence a taste of his own medicine. Nice mock post, Julie. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As a man who enjoys sports games and using them as a way to avoid my wife and the troubles of life I am offended that you would mock my main source of lamentation in life. Fantasy sports is a way for myself to live vicariously though a fantasy world when the real world won't have me. How dare you try and take this part of my life away from me in such a facetious manner. Men need video games just as much as women need to whine and post about their boring babies and crafts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. uhghg SPENCE....there is no way Julie wrote this post. That is definitely not how she talks or writes....dead give away with how many stats were put in this post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really hope that the Anonymous person is Spence, and I hope that you're also the anonymous person on Spence's site. Hilarious... but come on guys, just say it to each others face.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That anonymous post was not me. And Kay...the post was actually Julies...she is trying to get back at me. Julie also didn't post on anonymously on my blog. We don't know who that is. But I agree completely with him.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good work Julie (sounded just like his blog), I thought for sure spence wrote this! I have a good one to get him back too. Just you wait!

    ReplyDelete