Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Rocking Chair Redo

My mom was going to throw this chair in the dumpster and asked if I wanted it instead. I had seen some cool stuff on some blogs (my fav one is allthingsthrifty.com SO much awesome stuff there) so I thought I would try one of the techniques. So this is the before picture



And this is the after!!





I'm definately no decorator and I dont even know what I'm doing, but I love reading other people's blogs and seeing cool ideas and just trying it. and yes, this is a boring post, but I was sick of looking at that video games post every time i came to my blog.

8 comments:

  1. ooooo... how long did it take? I love allthingsthrifty! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey you, nice redo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm waiting for pictures of your new house!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks guys! jenny it really didn't take that long cuz i didn't sand it down (cuz they say it gives character with the vintage look). and I have to finish my house before i put it up! i don't even have couches for the living room yet...

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks awesome Jules, I'm very impressed! I'm always to afraid to try things like that - only because i have no clue what I'm doing:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute chair and cute blog... i feel a little bit like a stalker, but you know... one blog leads to another, and then to another and so on.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good work Julie! Give yourself more credit, you do a great job! Taren says your place is looking awesome!

    ReplyDelete