so I worry sometimes when I post things that people will think I'm bragging or something, but i'm not. just sharing for those interested. so here is our house!
so the outside picture of our house is a couple posts down if you're interested. I wish I had taken a picture before it snowed because we got around to doing our landscaping, and now have a driveway and a proper sidewalk, thankfully (that metal grate was scarey in heels!)

okay so here is the one side of the kitchen. there is a sunken foyer for the entrance (which you can sort of see through that opening)

here is the other side of the kitchen with the appliances and boring stuff. but i am so glad to finally have a dishwasher! i am not the best house keeper so this has definately made my kitchen at least a little bit cleaner!

here is part of my living room. a family I used to teach piano to in calgary gave me this piano! i'm so happy to be able to have one in my house, even if it's not the best, i can't complain.
this is the other half of the living room. spence thinks it's unnecesary to have all the pillows. he has no idea

this is our little bonus room. yes that is wallpaper. and there are now pictures on the one bare wall. but haven't taken pictures since then. oh well

this is the three stairs that lead from the bonus room to the hallway of rooms and bathrooms. Over that edge you can look down and see the sunken foyer. kind of cool. scary though when kids grow up i think....

and finally the bedroom. the other bedroom and office are boring, and so are bathrooms, so didn't put them up. anyways, that's the house!
and some exciting news. my twin brother got married this last weekend! I can't believe that just my immediate family is growing so huge! 28 peeps (with the 29th coming in May!) It was so fun to get away for a few days, see family and see my sister who has gone away to school and my other sister and her family who we only see like twice a year. the house was nuts with everyone around, but something Im' used to. (not sure how spence feels about that since he's the baby of his family)
so these are my sister's kids. in the summer time there was this towel at the cabin that all the boys fought over. SO I decided to see if I could make them some. I have had them done for a long time, but by the time I got around to sending it, steven announced he was getting married, so I thought I'd save some money and wait till I saw them.
haha i love this one. the only this is it was a little small for her head. I forgot how fast babies grow!! it would have fit her better in the summer.
Well that's been us lately. Now on to christmas..haven't even started anything!! yikes. anyone have any good gifts for parents? I got nothing...

love the house!! I always love the photos of how people have decorated, so don't feel about bragging at all. It gives some of us decoratedly-challenged individuals some inspiration! Grey is one of my favorite colors, so basically I LOVE what you have done.
ReplyDeleteCongrats again on the little dorward baby on the way!! Not long til you need to post updates about that a bit more regularly!! :)
julie you are just the cutest! i love your home. it is beautiful and puts my home to shame in the decor department! seriously. you need to come visit and help me!! i don't even have a picture on the wall and we have lived here since april. horrible.
ReplyDeleteand i love the towels! are they easy to make? maybe you can teach me over christmas. i would love to make one for owen and one for connor - they are so darling!
I think your house is so cute! I love the furniture in the living room.
ReplyDeleteHey! I LOVE your house...and everything about it....I wanna come visit now, lol...and the pillows in the living room are awesome...JD is the same way though, boys just don't understand the necessity of cute decorative pillows!
ReplyDeleteYour a great decorater...I love all of the rooms!
Yay! I love your living room, it looks awesome! Well your whole house does. Also I am not a good house keeper either. Luckily Scott is ;)
ReplyDeleteHey Jules! Seriously cute place! I love the colors and everything, you did an amazing job:)
ReplyDeleteThe towels are the cutest things ever as well, how fun!