So first off, here is the ultra sound pic. Yes, we're having a baby girl!

I think she coudl be waving here. Spence says maybe giving us the middle finger? mmm, if she's anything like I was as a teenager, probably the middle finger. haha.
I really didn't care what the gender was. Girls are fun to dress up etc but I find that i have a harder time with girls names. Any suggestions?
It's funny being pregnant now and thinking of how I thought of pregnant women before, no offense to anyone. But I remember being like, "I don't get why they just didn't exercise." or like "well, they could have painted their nursery before the baby came" ect. woww.....idddiiiooottt. First off I guess everyone is different, but I remember the first 3 1/2 months especially I laughed at myself for saying the exercise thing cuz that was THE farthest thing from my mind. Sleeping was probably the first thing. oh how ignorance is bliss.
I usually don't really share how I feel, but when all I think about is this little baby inside me every day, I guess it's inevitable. When does it actually feel real though? Cuz I've had multiple people tell me that 'oh once you see the ultrasound' and I"M like, ya, it was really cute and exciting, but not really there yet. and then someone else said 'once you feel the baby kick' and I've felt her a lot, but still.....mm...maybe once I see her it will be real...
I'll tell you what is real, gaining weight. ANother thing before I was always like, why don't pregnant women feel pretty cuz I always thought they did, even if they felt huge ect. Oh wait....NOW I get it. who doesn't love people sahing 'whoa! you look huge' or asking family if I was gaining weight or just my dress? Or having my father-in-law say ''Hey chubbo!" mmmm...new resolution, i will try to never tell a pregnant women that they look'HUGE' or anything.
Well, this was a little borrrrinnnnggg, but that's what's going on with us! We are super excited, and I've already started gathering fabric and dreaming up ways to do the nursery!

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!! i can't wait to see what names you pick out. can you make a poll on here with the top 5? no...? internet isn't naming your child? that's a shame.
ReplyDeletewell, congrats anyway!
hahaha Julie, you're too funny. It will feel real when it does. Everyone is different. For me it was when they plopped him on my chest after he was born, but I know other people who take a while after they're born, so who knows...
ReplyDeleteyou'll be great! I'm so excited to see that little dorward. Good luck on a names! I have no suggestions... girls are hard to name! You have to think: I want it to be unique but not weird, and feminine but not too girly. too hard. good luck.
Congrats, Julie! You guys will be fun parents!
ReplyDeleteThansk for sharing!
-V
www.dhduo.blogspot.com
Bahaha! That is funny! Congrats on the little girl!!
ReplyDeletei love that post!!! it's so true sleep is number one and when you're super sick working out is even farther from that priority list. I love how she';s wearing a boy already! very cute! congrats again, a boy or girl weould have been fun BUT i seriously loved having a girl first!!!! as for feeling realy i never felt like it was real real till basically there is no room for the baby, like 30ish weeks!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! Name's are hard. I've always felt so much pressure! I like to have a name picked when we find out the gender. I find it helps me keep sane throughout the pregnancy. We've been lucky with each girl as there's only been one girl name ever on the table each time. It's definitely tricky though. Exercising is over rated. It just gives me more contractions! Don't worry though. You've got the type of body that will bounce back so fast!
ReplyDeleteOh and it took a while before having a baby became real. Even after Holly was born because I could still remember getting a good night's rest before she was born. I still look at her sometimes and can hardly believe she's my daughter and that I made her. Being a mother is one crazy ride! Good luck!
Julie, Loved the post! That is gonna be one lucky baby! Funny I find girls easier to name, mainly because I didn't have one probably. I get what you mean about not feeling real yet, to be honest it didn't feel real to me until about a week after having Bennett and all the visitors were gone and it was just us! Everyone is so different. Congrats again...I can't wait!
ReplyDeleteJulie! Congrats to you and Spence. Thats awesome about the little bun. But I think I like my ignorant side of things for now. Ha. Kids freak me out a little.
ReplyDeleteLove the post! I have So many girl names! It didn't feel real for us for a while. It just felt like we were babysitting haha eventually it sinks in. I can't wait to see her !!
ReplyDeleteCongrats!Your having a girl! Thats so sweet...I'm sure she'll be a doll. And even when you do have the baby, it still doesn't really kick in, it feels so surreal that the baby is actually yours...but its wonderful!
ReplyDeleteStill doesn't feel real and I am a couple weeks away! Who knows. And here is a sure don't feel pretty moment for you.....when your husband tells you that you should get sweat pants that say "wide-load" on the butt and a beaper so that people know when you are coming. Ya. hahaha the joys huh!
ReplyDeleteLove this post! I also love that I am no longer pregnant. I totally agree with pretty much everything you said and laughed the entire time. Look how funny you are! I'll tell you right now I have had Quinn for almost 3 days and still definately NOT real! We also found boys names way way easier. Good Luck! i'm so excited Quinn will have a little girl to be friends with!
ReplyDeleteYou are so funny. Love hearing your thoughts about prego women, 'cause who didn't think that stuff?? Haha. Too funny. I'm so excited for you guys! Congrats!! I love the bow in the pic, too cute. And she's totally flippin' the bird :) It's funny 'cause I always think of girl names that I like, but have a harder time with boy names. It's hard to get something to agree on, though. Good luck with that!
ReplyDeleteso not at all a boring post! i loved hearing your thoughts. ignorance really is bliss isn't it.
ReplyDeleteon being real?? when you can't see your toes, you need help tying your shoes, you can't breathe, you can't sleep and when you drop something on the ground, you look at it and think to yourself "i'll get spence to pick that up for me." haha! then when you are at the point of "just get this baby out of me!" haha! i'm reliving all of the thoughts that i had with both my boys.
my huge moment of oh my gosh this is real though were two separate times. one, being released from the hospital and driving home with connor. we looked in the back seat and said to each other, "oh my gosh we have a freakin baby." two, when it was time for mom to leave after i had connor. i cried and remember balling on her shoulder saying, "but i can't do this by myself! what will i do without you?! i don't know what to do with him!" haha funny now thinking back.
so excited for you guys! keep these baby posts coming and include pictures! love ya!
Soo fun Jules, just enjoy the ride -it'll feel real soon enough. And don't worry about all the other stuff, do what works for you. You're gonna be a great Mom. By the way, the post wasn't boring at all, this is what life's about:)
ReplyDeleteJulie! This post is great. You really don't understand any of it until you experience it yourself huh. Remember when I told Grandma Bridge I was pregnant she her response was "well I sure hope so!" hahaha! I loved that response. I didn't feel like it was real until I had Jorgen. With the second pregnancy I felt it was real when I felt kicking but with the first it was definently not until he was in my arms. My favorite girl names are Taylynn, Sadie and Jordan. None of which I could talk my husband into using. Anyways, congrats and hold on tight because it gets even crazier from here on out! Haha!
ReplyDeleteLove ya, -Bridget
hahaha! So true, all your expectations are thrown out the window! Can't wait to meet your little girl, so exciting! And I think the funniest thing to see will be Taren pregnant! Whenever that day comes ;)
ReplyDelete