Thursday, June 4, 2009

TV Series Are Evil

Anyone that knows me has got to know that I have a secret addiction....tv series! It's horrible and I blame it ALL on my husband. I was never a big TV-watcher, and I definately never followed anything too closely. Maybe a little bit of OC here and there in high school, but I was never a dedicated fan of anything. Then Spencer came along..the rest is history.

When Spencer and I were dating he was appalled that I had never watched 24, let alone heard of it. He had the first 4 seasons on DVD, and that's when the addiction started! I began watching and couldn't stop. There's something about no commericals and being able to just pop in the next disc when you've just had a huge cliff-hanger!

At the moment we've gotten into Desperate Housewives. I thought it would just be a huge drama, typical ect (which it kind of is) but it's also a comedy. You begin to love all the characters and their funny quirks. I wouldn't suggest watching this with little kids, teenagers, and especially not my parents. louise would have a heart-attack.

Some people might think I'm crazy or have no life, but I just can't stop a movie half-way through and be okay with watching it the next day (no matter how bad it is). When I read books, I will read like crazy just so that I can have the whole story at the same time. Which proves that I'm not all that patient either. (yes spence, I just admitted it..)

Anyways, I won't share all of the shows that I follow or have TV seried, but a few that I have thoroughly enjoyed would be 24, chuck and probably one of my favorites was Veronica Mars. (don't be deterred by the fact that it was discontinued after 3 seaons. that was a HUGE mistake.)

I guess I have this post as a confession, and also a warning to those who have a life and can't afford to waste time glued to a 40" screen. And to those that can afford it, call me if you're starting something new or got something good I should start! As soon as i'm done this series, I'll have a massive amount of time that I won't know what to do with....

5 comments:

  1. Oh my heck Julie! You sound just like me...I also am currently watching desperate housewives. Just finishing season 2. I'm thinking I might take your suggestion and try Veronica Mars when I'm done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would recommend Fringe. Anyone who says heroes is good doesn't know what good acting or writing is, its an embarrassing show, im glad i cut it lose this season.

    LONG LIVE VMARS (they are making it into a movie!)

    http://shop.cafepress.com/design/12464059

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in for some summer TV series watching with no commercials. Do you have One Tree Hill?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Erin, we will need to get together and watch them. did you buy the dvds?
    and I might have to check into fringe..

    allaina, i have the first three seasons of one tree hill! i will bring them down next time i come if you want

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok so I love your post! I also love TV .... I think it stems from my Mother restricting it so much when we were little! So many series so little time. Good luck keeping up with them all!

    ReplyDelete