Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Doctor's Office


So I head to the dr's offiice today, and I go to sit in the waiting room. As most normal people do, I spot three empty chairs in a row and take a seat in the middle. Shortly after, this lady comes in with her sick smelling coffee and her wrinkly tim hortons bag that is making so much noise, and she just sits right down beside me. So I look up from my magazine thinking that the place must have gotten busier since I arrived, and I look around to find at least two other spots this lady could have gone where she would be sitting by no one. yet for some reason she chose to sit by me, which I can't seem to understand because i don't give off that 'welcome' vibe. So anyways, I debated actually moving over a seat so we would have one in between us, but just 30 seconds later comes in this other lady, and of course she chooses to take the other seat next to me. go figure. The worst part about it is that at least on a bus if that person is bugging you, you can pretend your stop is soon and just stand. but at a dr's office the wait is ridiculous and you end up sitting beside this person for a good 20 min.

I thought it was customary that in any public place where you are not forced to sit by a stranger, you don't. You search for a ''buffer chair''. That way you can cross your legs without bumping, people can cough without getting germs on you, and just because it's weird to choose to sit by strangers, especially in doctors offices. You never know what people could be coming in there for, and it's best just to keep your distance.

So I guess Im just saying that if you ever see me at a doctor's office, or if you see me on the bus, please, don't take the seat beside me.



2 comments:

  1. hahahaa. Julie, I swear sometimes we are the same person. I know, and have been in that exact same situation. The absolute worst is when they start talking to you while you're reading your magazine. I've noticed too that most of the time it's lonely old people...

    ...who stink.

    ReplyDelete